I've decided to connect all TVs to a network so I can schedule when the ads start and end. And I can distribute the content from the PC server. All my Supersign TV and PC server are connected to a switch.
You can choose the LAN connection when the SuperSign Manager and SuperSign Player are in
the same network.
- The same network means the same gateway and subnet address for IP communications.
- The SuperSign Manager can find the SuperSign Players in the same network using the scan feature.
- For 1:1 connections, use a crossover cable that allows communications without network equipment.
- Features such as the Web, widgets, and RSS are not available in closed networks without an external connection to the Internet.
- If the network does not have a DHCP server, you should manually set the IP addresses of the SuperSign Manager and the SuperSign Player.
|LG Supersign LAN Connection|
- Put a static IP Address on your PC Server. In my case, I enter 192.168.0.1 IP Address for my PC server.
- install supersign server.
- If your server has a firewall you must open or allow the following ports:
- 8080: Server Open
- 5432: PostgreSQL DB
- 6950: Search for a Player
- 9: WOL(WakeOnLan)
On your SuperSign TV
Please see the below video for configuration.
Thanks to this video who figure it out.